Whether you are interested in teaching yoga, or simply want to deepen your practice, this comprehensive program will strengthen your understanding of both Vinyasa and Yin styles of yoga. Taught by Tina Lanzoni, this training will provide the space and guidance to tap into your greatest potential. Specialty training in Ayurveda taught by Debra Kelly.
This program is registered and approved through Yoga Alliance.
For more information, contact the Front Desk at (410) 224-7220.
Areas of Study
The Yin Yang Yoga Teaching Training has two options available. Participants are able to register for either the 100 hour Yin Yoga Anatomy and Theory or continue into the full 200 hour certification.
YYTT1 100 Hour Course (Yin Yoga/Anatomy – As taught by Paul and Suzee Grilley) (Ayurveda)
- Learn to teach 20 basic Yin poses
- 14 joint segment analysis
- Analyze tension and compression in yoga pose
- Skeletal variation
- 4 myofascial compartments of the thigh
- 6 myofascial compartments of the torso
- 3 layers of a joint
- Muscle contraction, Fascial contracture
- Theory of exercise
- Movements of the core muscles and joints
- Assisted Yin Yoga
- Variations, props and adjustments for yin yoga
- Modern Meridian TheorYTT 200 Hour Certification
- Introduction to Ayurveda
YTT 200 Hour Certification (Vinyasa) also includes:
- Learn to teach over 30 asanas, their alignment, modifications and variations
- Learn to practice and teach 5 pranayama techniques
- Acquire a knowledge of how to sequence postures
- Become proficient in teaching private yoga sessions, Vinyasa and Yin yoga
- Master and teach surya namaskar A and B and learn how to create namaskars
- History of yoga
- Study of yoga sutras
- 8 limbs of yoga
- Ethics for yoga teachers
- Study and discuss The Bagavad Gita
- Anatomy and physiology of movement and asanas
- Introduction to Chakras and the energy body
- Common injuries and modifications
- Cueing through voice, language and touch
- How to teach and accommodate various levels
- Developing your teaching style
- Fundamentals of marketing, branding and promoting yourself and classes
Prerequisites: Minimum 1 year of a consistent practice with a certified yoga instructor
Additional Requirements: In addition to the 200 hour training, participants will be required to do a daily practice of asana, pranayama and meditation and keep a sadhana journal on their experience. Also, you will be required to participate in yoga classes at Evolve yoga, assist 10 classes and observe five additional yoga classes. There will be required reading, written exercises and a final exam.
Training Dates 2014
Yin Yoga Anatomy & Theory/Ayurveda:
- To be announced
Vinyasa Yoga Training:
- To be announced
Fridays: 6-10pm Saturdays: 11:30am-8:30pm Sundays: 8am-4:30pm
Evolve Yoga at Evolutions
1834 George Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21403
Cost for the 200 hour training is $2,800. The YYTT1 Yin Anatomy and Theory training is $1,400. A $350.00 deposit is due with the application and if accepted this deposit will be applied to the total cost of the program. In addition to tuition you will be responsibe for buying books, as well as taking classes at Evolve yoga for the duration of the training. Yin Yang Training manual will be provided at no additional cost.
The following refunds will be returned minus the $350 deposit.
Prior to the first weekend, 100% minus deposit.
Prior to the second weekend, 50% minus deposit.
After the second weekend, no refunds will be made.
Yin Yang Yoga reserves the right to cancel any teacher training if there are fewer than 10 participants registered two weeks prior to event date. Thus far there have been no cancellations.
Yin Yang Yoga Teacher Training 200-hour YTT is registered with Yoga Alliance and meets or exceeds all its requirements for 200-hour teacher training programs.
How To Apply
Upon receipt of your registration with a deposit of $350, you will receive an application for enrollment. All deposits are non-refundable unless you are not accepted into the program.
Mail registration to:
Evolutions / Evolve Yoga
1834 George Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21401